We’re so excited to have Cerys joining Team BETTALife, we’ve been following Cerys for a while on Instagram… you may know her better as @jumping.bryan. Keep reading to find out more about Cerys and her horses.
- Introduce yourself and your horses.Hi my name is Cerys Withey and I am an 18yo showjumper from Kent. I own 2 horses called Brian and Ryan! Brian is a 15.2hh 15yo Dutch Warmblood gelding who I have owned for around 2 1/2 years now. We have competed up to 1.20 British Showjumping, he has been my horse of a lifetime and in the time we have been together we have achieved so much, including qualifying for the main arena at Hickstead 3/3 times, completing the hat-trick of wins at the Amateur and Veterans Championship at Aintree and qualifying for the Bronze league HOYS semi final! Ryan is a 16hh 5yo Irish sport horse out of Billy Congo, I have owned Ryan for 8 months now. We bought him from the Billy Stud auction in October 2019. Currently he is competing up to 1m but I’m hoping to move him up very soon and do some age classes on him in 2021.
2. What’s your favourite BETTALife supplement?
My favourite BETTAlife supplement has to be the PharmaTRAC Total Digestive Support! Both of my boys have quite ‘stressy’ personalities, especially when it comes to away shows and travelling, and suffer with loose droppings. But since putting them both onto PharmaTRAC, they have both changed completely! They’re a lot calmer and less on edge, no longer suffering with loose droppings, it’s amazing stuff!
3. What’s the highlight of your equestrian career so far?
The highlight of my equestrian career has got to be winning the hat-trick at the Dodson & Horrell Amateur and Veterans Championships in the 1.10 class! We were the first ever combination to win both qualifiers and the final, it was such an amazing experience.
4. Who’s your role model?
My role model has got to be my Nan! Without her I wouldn’t even be into horses. She taught me and my sister everything we know and taught us to work hard to achieve your goals and good things always come to those who work the hardest for them! Also to never give up she has never given up on us and would always make us get straight back on when we fell off, at the time of course we weren’t happy about it, but now that’s what’s made us the riders we are today!
5. Favourite venue to compete at?
My favourite venue has got to be Hickstead! How could it not be!? It’s such a prestigious showground with beautiful arenas and there’s always an amazing atmosphere there!
6. What’s your favourite quote?
My favourite quote is ‘life is about moments. Create them. Don’t wait for them’. I just believe that we need to live for the moment and not overthink everything! If you want something go get it, don’t be sitting around waiting because you will never get anywhere.
7. What are your hopes/dreams for the future?
My dreams for the future have got to be to qualify for Horse of the Year Show, jump abroad & just be successful in whatever I choose to do!
8. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be and why?
Probably Scott Brash! He is one of my equestrian idols and I’d love to be able to sit and talk to him and get advice and just hear about his experiences, that would be amazing.
9. How old was you when you started riding? Who was your first horse?
I’ve been riding since I could walk! I’d say I started riding properly and did my first show at 11yo. I wasn’t actually too into it to begin with, if anything I was quite scared! Our first pony me and my sister shared was a 13.2hh New Forest chestnut mare called Red! She was a typical chestnut mare, she definitely taught us to have a sticky bum!!
10. Two truths and a lie about yourself…
I’ve only ever had 3 horses that have been my own, I won my first ever 1.20, I have 8 pets…
Make sure you’re following Cerys @jumping.bryan